Jan 29, 2011

Surprise!..

I did not get the chance to post yesterday because right after work I headed to the car place to have them assess the damage from the accident a few weeks ago. Apparently in the state of VA if your car has a door that does not open, then the car is "undriveable".. the car guy was upset that I had told the insurance it was driveable. I looked at him and said "Uhm.. I drove it here... if there is lingo involved you need to tell people that!"

Then after figuring all of that out, my roomie and coworker headed to the Kennedy center for a free concert, then to dinner where one of my other roomies met up with us.

Then we all headed home to meet up with one of my best friends who I knew was coming for my birthday weekend.. When I got there I pulled into the garage and went into the house, hugged my best friend.. then realized there were more people in the room then should be.. I mean I have 4 roomies, plus my coworker was there, so it is not unusual for there to be a decent number of people around on a semi-regular basis... but there were just too many. So, I turned around and there sitting on the couch were two other besties who I wanted to come up, but just did not ask due to knowing it was unlikely and I did not want to make them feel bad. I just sorta paused and was like ".... You're here!..." they stood up and hugged me.. I began tearing up just out of the sheer joy that they had come and were going to spend the weekend with me! They all were laughing and commenting on how they had taken bets on my reaction and things.. Then I turned around towards the kitchen and saw one of my other friends creeping across the living-room haha.. I just sorta said "aww... You're here too!!" he hugged me and I continued to cry and laugh a bit.. we were all laughing and they were telling me all about how the plans had progressed. Then, I got tapped on the shoulder and turned around and my little brother was standing in front of me with a dozen roses. It took me like 2-3 seconds for it to register that it was him.. I squealed and was asked "WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" .. Of course everyone began to laugh at me, and I just had to hug him forever because I began to really cry and I was trying so hard not to sob lol Then I would pull away from him and ask "How did you get here?!" He laughed and told me he ran lol :) It took me a while to compose myself haha .. but then we all commenced to talking about all the plans that went into accomplishing all the surprised, what I expected (or didn't really) and what I was thinking etc.. I was SO excited. Words do not accurately describe how I felt to have so many people I love go to such lengths to love on me. How humbling!

We spent the rest of the evening talking, laughing, catching up, and pretty much just taking the chance for me to soak it all in :)

How awesome. I love my friends and family!

No comments: