May 12, 2010

The Danger in Prayer...

I do not know if you have ever experienced what prayer can do, but let me warn you.. it moves mountains.. and it is a scary thing once you realize how much true faith makes a difference. The problem with prayer is they are answered. 

I have discovered my prayers get answered. Not in a cute little "thanks for turning all the lights through town green for me.." type way.. but in I pray and God answers me. Not necessarily all in the way I was hoping or thinking He would... but how do I dismiss a God that speaks back to me. How do I get angry at a God that allows me to sit at His feet and yell, cry, and excitedly talk to Him? How do I get angry when I pray for answers and I get them? 

The funny thing is when I tell people that God always answers my prayers I get this funny look like "what's wrong with you?"... and yet where in the Bible does it say my Savior would not answer my prayers?.. I never said I get everything I asked for in the fashion I asked for it.. I say He answers me. When I pray, I know He hears me, He comforts me, He reminds of verses, He lets me express whatever I need to, and then, in His timing He answers me. Sometimes I get upset with His answers, and sometimes I am blown away, blessed, and excited by his extremely complicated plan... and still other times I realize I have just one more piece to the puzzle that is my life. A lot of times my answers are just enough that they get me through now to the next moment, and there are times I know that really the only answer I can handle right now is "Wait." But, regardless... just know, your prayers will get answered. You will not always understand them, and sometimes it takes a long time and a whole heck of a lot of prayer before you get an answer, and sometimes they are so far from what you were expecting that you feel like returning them for a full refund... But, I also promise that in the end it will be a perfectly executed plan from our Savior... Even if at this exact moment it makes no sense.

Jesus hears and answers my prayers always, of this there is no doubt.

No comments: