May 4, 2009

When Others Care...

Ok, so it's been a pretty interesting week or so. I've been in situations where I was.. I guess the best word is slightly nervous about the situation, but trusting that it would turn out for the best... Only to then have two absolutely amazing guy friends swoop in and insist (without me asking) to take care of the situation. And, to top it all off, they were rather insistent when I objected and gave my reasoning. I threw pretty much every reason and card at them that I had.. all the while hoping they would persist... And much to my actual amazement they did. I loved it and I liked that they were able to fight every reason I had for why they didn't need to worry or be there... Their arguments were legit so they won... plus they're bigger haha ;)

So, thank you guys for being friends when I told you it wasn't a big deal haha :)

The second memorable one is my ever faithful friend who also insists on being my friend regardless.. She constantly is doing things for me, going out of her way to help me or check in on me or whatever she needs to do in order to help me and make my life less stressful... Thanks Brit.

The third is one of my mentors right now... She is just a wonderful woman (and seriously rings my mother all over the place!.. haha probably why I like her so much :) She tells Brit and I all the time how much we mean to her, how much her and our Sunday School teacher (her husband) love sitting and talking with the two of us. We bless their lives.. which Brit and I were talking about how we don't feel like we've done ANYTHING.. She also has been very vocal telling me things my parents have been telling me for years.. but I sorta always blew it off because they were my parents.. and "required" to tell me it lol But, earlier she told me in response to a comment I made about thinking I was very average... Not in a "woe is me" way, just a very realistic view (or so I thought).. But, she like my parents told me that I am anything but ordinary in my approach to life, personality, beauty etc... etc... It was so encouraging.. and very interesting :)

It's the little things that make a big difference when it comes to encouragement. :) Thanks to everyone who cares and makes it known. I love you all bunches :)

No comments: