Jun 22, 2010

When God is What I Need...

So, for a whole lot of reasons I just really do not feel like going into I have been extremely frustrated lately.. And, by lately I mean the last 6 months or so...


Today, also for a lot of reasons I am aggravated deep down inside. I am frustrated at my lack of ability to solve the issues and problems going on in my life, and I am feeling helpless or stuck. I hate when I cannot fix or solve issues or problems in my own life.. but also in someone else's. I know it sounds ridiculous, I mean why would I care or why would it ache in my heart when I am helpless to help someone I care about?... The simple answer? I do not know.. I do not know why it drives and stakes itself in my heart or why I am so deeply effected when someone I care about is going through rough times. Sometimes I wish I was not like that, or just did not care quite so much.. but then I realized.. I like that I care so deeply. It happens to be one of the things that I try and cultivate, even if it does end up adding stress to my life. I would rather care deeply and passionately every single day, experiencing pain, hurt, frustration, and stress that I would not otherwise have to go through then to simply not care about what others are going through.


So, this morning a friend and I both had the same feeling of just discontentment deep down inside, for a lot of the same reasons, even though what is causing the feelings are not the same. Our solution was to spit scripture back and forth for a while... Here's a little of what we sent, I hope this brings you as much comfort and reassurance as it brought me today...


"How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
       How long will you hide your face from me?

 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
       and every day have sorrow in my heart?
       How long will my enemy triumph over me?

 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
       Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
       and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

 But I trust in your unfailing love;
       my heart rejoices in your salvation.

 I will sing to the LORD,
       for he has been good to me." - Psalm 13



"Also this I came to see as wisdom under the sun, and it impressed me.
 There was a small city with few men in it and a great king came to it, surrounded it and constructed large siegeworks against it.
 But there was found in it a poor wise man and he delivered the city by his wisdom Yet no one remembered that poor man.
 So I said, "Wisdom is better than strength." But the wisdom of the poor man is despised and his words are not heeded.
 The words of the wise heard in quietness are better than the shouting of a ruler among fools.
 Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good." - Ecclesiastes 9:13-18


"Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?" - James 2:5



"Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone." - Proverbs 25:15


"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while,
   "He who is coming will come and will not delay.
    But my righteous one will live by faith.
   And if he shrinks back,
      I will not be pleased with him." - Hebrews 10:36-38



"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
       neither are your ways my ways,"
       declares the LORD.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
       so are my ways higher than your ways
       and my thoughts than your thoughts.

 As the rain and the snow
       come down from heaven,
       and do not return to it
       without watering the earth
       and making it bud and flourish,
       so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
       It will not return to me empty,
       but will accomplish what I desire
       and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:8-11




"Why are you in despair, O my soul?
         And why have you become disturbed within me?
         Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him
         For the help of His presence." - Psalm 43:5,8



"The LORD will protect you from all evil;
         He will keep your soul.
    The LORD will guard your going out and your coming in
         From this time forth and forever." - Psalm 121:7-8


"So that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
 strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously" - Colossians 1:10-11


"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
         Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
    I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
         My God, in whom I trust!" - Psalm 91:1-2


"Sustain me according to Your word, that I may live;
         And do not let me be ashamed of my hope." - Psalm 119:116



God is what I need.

No comments: