Jan 18, 2012

For My Birthday...

I will be turning 27 on January 29th.

I am excited because I love birthdays. I love celebrating other people's birthdays, I love celebrating my own. I really just love having a legitimate reason to celebrate someone I care about. In my family we are the Backs (and I have cousin's that are the Butts.. we know.. it's funny, and we love it), during the week of our birthday, it becomes "Backswanza" (Or Buttswanza.. they maybe have started the name.. I'm not sure) meaning, we do something each day.. something small.. like Pizza and a movie.. cake and ice cream, presents.. flowers.. etc.. I LOVE IT. In fact, I love it so much that I have began adopting (winning or forcing maybe) my friends into this tradition haha!

However, this year I am pulling and audible!.. I am changing the game plan.

Since I am turning 27 (I know, nothing really significant, but it is to me :), instead of getting anything for my birthday I want to raise $2,727 for Charity: Water. 100% of the money you donate goes to help build clean water wells to those around the world.

It. Is. Awesome!

To break it down,
I need 101 people to donate $27 each...
Or, I need 202 people to donate $13.50 each!

What would my goal of $2,727 do?

It would give clean water to 136 people.
27 families would get clean water! (noticing a theme?)


So, please join me, wish me a happy birthday, and donate to my personal Charity: Water project for my birthday!

Thank you so much :)

No comments: