Dec 31, 2011

Nice to Meet You 2012...

So, while I have always said I do not typically make new years resolutions (if you need a resolution.. do it now.. today.. don't wait for a fake time to start one), last year I had a couple, that I am proud to say I accomplished! I wanted to blog more (check!) and I wanted to get in better shape.. (double check!)

Typically I have feelings about the year to come.. a lot of hopes.. but often times my feelings are fairly accurate about what is to come. Now, I do not mean specifics or situations.. I literally mean feelings. What is interesting to me is I do not have ANY real feelings or direction for 2012.. Other than it being pretty apparent this next year is going to be... different than what I have been experiencing lately (last couple years), I realistically have no idea what to expect from the next year. You see, it is not that I feel like God has me in a fog so I CANNOT see what is coming... but, much more that God literally is just asking me to be in the here and now... and take things as they come.

Which leads me to my New Years Resolutions... I would like to continue the 2011 resolutions.. get/stay in shape, and blog as many days a week as I can. It is really nice to have this running history, especially since I have now been blogging for several years.

Ok, so, this year I want to really focus on being in the here and now.. I do not want to worry about tomorrow nor borrow tomorrow's trouble today (yup, I said the same thing two different ways..).

I want to exercise more compassion, grace, mercy, and love than I have in years past.

I want to diligently complete the next year of my double masters program, which will mean I will have one or two classes left at the end of 2012.

I want to work better at controlling my mouth.

And, I want to draw closer to my sweet savior Jesus Christ, and I want to learn more about who He is, and subsequently who I am supposed to be... I want to learn how to love people on behalf of him better this year... 2011 was a year that caused me to struggle with this more than I am ok with, I want 2012 to be better.

So, those are my "New Years Resolutions"... Not your typical resolutions, but that is sorta how I roll... Now to pray them into existence!

No comments: