Dec 8, 2011

Expectancy Violation...

"Expectancy Violations Theory sees communication as the exchange of information that is high in relational content and can be used to violate the expectations of another, who will perceive the exchange either positively or negatively depending on the liking between the two people. Expectancy Violations Theory attempts to explain people’s reactions to unexpected behavior. Expectancies are primarily based upon social norms and specific characteristics of the communicators" (Thank you Wikipedia)

I feel like I have had a lot of Expectancy Violation Theory in my life lately...

(I am aware that this highlights my nerddom when it comes to communications and why I love it so much.. but I cannot help the fact that this is a great descriptor for me lately!)

No comments: