Jan 2, 2009

Things I'm Excited About...

So, I thought it makes sense to explain things I'm excited about for this year..

I'm turning 24.. WEIRD!.. haha

I'm excited to see what God has in store for me THIS year.. since each year seems to be getting crazier and "further out there" :) I mean, I think back and 2008 was INSANE.. I made 2 major moves and 1 minor one, lived in 3 states (dang it for taxes.. man is that gonna be a pain!), and where I thought I was gonna be now a year ago, isn't even close.. whoa, I love how God's plan moves :)

I'm excited to get my finances stable for the first time (that counts) in my life! I finally feel like I'm at a place where I'm not two steps behind my bills... Between the basic bills and the random ones I wasn't expecting, I was feeling like I was barely floating.. But I realized a couple days ago how much headway I'm making on my bills and it was exciting! :)

I'm excited to read through the Bible this year (for the first time EVER).. Although, I'm gonna struggle with the "begot" section lol (Thanks to Phil I found a cool place to do that Here, and I have asked a couple friends to do it with me so I can do my normal "I wonder why..." :) And.. haha my poor dad gets to serve as my reference book (hey, if you had a Greek reference that can explain everything around and involving questions.. and to top it all off the reference loves you.. You'd use it too! ;)

I'm excited to have new adventures I haven't even thought of yet!.. woohoo!

I am excited about the fact that I feel like I have something to aim for.. I mean more than the basics of "Love Jesus, Love others." But, more along the lines of what Jesus wants from me.. I feel like my puzzle has enough pieces that I can begin to see my picture.. It's exciting! :)

I'm excited that I have the chance to bring missions trips to my work.. and I have co-workers just as excited about it as I am! :) Now we just have to get the board and our donors on with the mission and goals we have! :)

I can't wait to see how my relationships with my kids develop and grow.. I hope I get the chance to make a good difference in their life! I love talking and interacting with them.. they are truly special and precious, and I take such delight in talking with them and getting to know them :)

I'm excited that I will get the chance to travel some this year! (Around the country, and hopefully outside the country once or twice! ;)

I'm excited that I have a place that is "mine" where I don't feel like I will be moving soon or that what I'm doing is just the temporary hold over until "my real life begins"... I mean I want to be itinerant (a word that's been stuck in my head for a while now..), but for this particular time I am excited that I have a base place to start and call mine.

I am excited because I have an amazing group of friends, here where I live, back home, from school (aka all over the country now). And they are so good to me, and truly push me and help me grow...They make me laugh, and encourage me, crack my back, make fun of my cracking/sick voice, listen to me as I vent, listen and offer feedback as I weed through the muddled thoughts about whatever, and just love me.. I hope I can do the same for them :) I want to show Jesus more like they do :)

I am excited cause for the first time in a long time I don't feel like I'm "missing out" because I'm single... instead I see it as this incredible blessing that will last for a while.. I don't know how long, and I'm ok with that cause, I like what I can do now. I'll be able to use it to bless and help others, and experience things I wouldn't be able to if I were trying to also focus on another person's needs. I finally feel like it's not a "that is better than this," but more "this is a fantastic adventurous time... and that will be totally different and awesome too... when it's right."

How exciting this year will be. A challenge, rough, fun, exciting, a time to change and be completely different.. but mostly just exciting cause I'll be growing. :)

I've also included "Open Me" by Shawn McDonald.. This song is currently my voice for what I'm talking to God about :) And, again in case anyone has forgotten.. he is my favorite artist.. SO talented, and somehow creates songs that I feel would be what my heart would create if it could :)

No comments: