Jul 9, 2009

Birthdays!...

I know I have said this before, but I am such a fan of birthdays. I love the chance to celebrate everything about someone. Just simply to take time out to make sure they know they are loved, appreciated, special, wanted etc..etc.. I love getting that chance. It's one of the big reasons every month I throw a birthday party for anyone who's birthday was in that month... It ends up just being this big hang out time with lots and lots of food and a bunch of games. But, I cannot really express how much I enjoy doing that. I am a creature of community and that's obvious.

Today is a friend's birthday, and it gives me the chance to do something fun. I mean there's our normal monthly birthday party, but it's just not the same as doing something for one of your closest friends... So, a couple people and I are doing something for our friend's birthday. See, there's nothing really that makes me feel like I HAVE to do something, usually the smallest of gestures people really appreciate (or at least I do) on birthdays, but that's half the fun is making it special, memorable, and specifically for them. :)

This friend of mine is an amazing person that inspires and blesses me virtually every day. I am constantly challenged and encouraged to grow. The depth of care this friend expresses for everyone around them blows me away all the time. The small little things cause them to stand apart from pretty much everyone else. Their ability to look at someone and understand and relate, and they are somehow able to connect with those around them to either make it better or make the person feel as though they are not alone... it's amazing to watch. The very first time we met, my friend made me feel as though I was included, and like I was in the "know" with them while everyone else was in the dark about whatever funny situation was unfolding. The vast depth and dynamic knowledge my friend has amazes me all the time, and they truly use it to glorify Jesus, which is such an amazing thing to watch. :) I have really enjoyed watching my friend grow and find new and exciting things in Jesus and in life.

So, Happy birthday friend! You are an truly amazing person in every sense of the word that Jesus has blessed into my life :) "TFC"

No comments: