Jun 24, 2009

Heart Meditations...

So, today I spent pretty much the whole day reading my Bible or a book called Lies Young Women Believe. I'm reading this for a class I'm teaching some of our girls at work. It's a super easy read, and has pretty good material. Various parts in it stick out to me, and a couple times I realized I also tell myself whatever lie it is.. and then there are times when I realize I have overcome a lie.. (woohoo.. seriously thank you Jesus). But, in one particular section they were talking about garbage in garbage out (basically.. but that wasn't their term), and they popped this verse in and it just struck me.. I mean seriously made me pause, even though I've seen it a million times and have it memorized...

"May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing to you O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." - Psalm 19:14

That to me is a heart cry. I want to be sure that my focus is correct, and that I'm paying attention to the things I'm supposed to be. I want to be pleasing to my Savior. I want to know that my mouth, my thoughts, and my heart are what they are supposed to be, not just something that I deal with or try not to let others know... But, truly me. I want them to reflect who I am at my core. I hope I do that at least to some degree now, but I don't want it to just be happenstance that it comes out that way. I want to try and work towards that, so that in everything I do I am pleasing to my Sweet Jesus.

No comments: