Nov 16, 2012

Drugged Up for Jesus...

So, a couple weeks ago I got sick... really sick. I basically slept for 16 hours a day for 3 days, then 12 hours a day for another 3 days before I forced myself back to my normal schedule. I mean, really it was just a normal cold, and I figured between nyquil, sleep, tissues, and lots of vitamins and fluids I would kick this thing in no time...

Two weeks later my throat wasn't feeling well still, my sinuses were not better yet, my ears hurt and itched, and my eyes were showing signs of an infection, plus I have been always tired for the last 2 weeks. So, I figured a trip to the doctors was in order.. nope, the doctor can't fit me in for FOUR DAYS.. what?!.. they recommended "Urgent care." Nothing makes you feel like a whiner like going to urgent care two weeks later "not feeling completely better" ..

Then the doctor saw me... and pronounced that I was not going to get better without medication, and proceeded to give me 4 different kinds of medication.. whoa. Now I have cough meds, eye drops, another 2 weeks of antibiotics, and a steroid shot. Ok, at least now I don't feel so bad about going to Urgent Care..

On a slightly different note, my illness seems to have had a purpose. I love telling people I came from DC because it is a fabulous conversation starter.. I always end up being able to tell them that I moved here to work for a church to train and mobilize people to get involved. The doctor (who was quite a bit older) was excited about it, and proceeded to tell me what he always tells young people.. "Don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, don't have sex, and find religion. It's very simple." haha

I also expected to wait a millenia before being seen so I brought a book, Loving God by Chuck Colson, it was given to me a couple days ago... The nurse who called me back, saw the book and became completely distracted in giving directions for what I needed to do. When I asked her if she was ok, she said that the day before someone had recommended her read that same book, and she had almost bought it for her Kindle that day.. I then told her that the book was given to me the day before as well.. She was rather excited, and deemed it "creepy in a good way." haha I love how random things happen.. but leave no room for it to be anything other than the Lord :) ... Sooo, thank you ridiculous illness that would not go away...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a weird coincidence!