Sep 7, 2012

Last Day Reflections...

Today is my last day of work at my current job... What a surreal feeling. No matter how many times I have done this whole leaving a job and going somewhere else thing, it never stops feeling weird. I mean, let's be honest, so much life has taken place here... Lots of good things have happened, more bad things than I care to remember, stressful things, and educational things have all happened here.

Regardless of the bad things, I am so beyond thankful for my time here because I met some amazing people. I have learned so much from watching others succeed, run projects, help others, or merely just by the purposefulness at which they approached people and situations. And then of course, there are the people who despite my best attempts to maintain my professional boundaries worked their way into my heart and will forever be planted there. These people have made me a better person, a stronger Christian, and made me laugh... a lot. I am so thankful for these people, for their friendship, for their time, and for all the prayers they have uttered on my behalf. Leaving them is the most difficult thing about leaving my job. I am going to miss them so much...

Some of my favorite things that I am taking away from this job:
Lunch - the random conversations, laughter, picking on, and general "togetherness" that we all needed to get through our days.
G-chatting - Thank you Google for providing such a brilliant way to communicate.
The knowing looks we all shoot each other during meetings.

While I have learned something from everyone I have worked with, there are a few people I am truly going to miss. I am not ready for the emotions that are coming today...

1 comment:

Vera said...

Knowing you, Krista, I am sure that you will very soon make some more new and wonderful friends. I am also sure that you'll keep those you are now leaving and that they will always be a part of your life and your heart.
I wish you strength and happiness in this new challenge you are taking up ... it fits your personality so well that I know you'll succeed over and above your expectations.
My prayers will be with you constantly. Love and hugs x x x