Mar 5, 2012

Angels Fighting...

I have always really liked the passage below, but I was reminded of it again last night as I was reading the Circle Maker. I like how we get a glimpse into the spiritual realm... I do not really understand how or why it took 21 days, and the thing that makes it even more real is how natural it seems that Michael had to replace the angel in order for him to continue on his way... Talk about a fight!.. How did they not get tired?

"Then he said to me,
'Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days; then behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left there with the kings of Persia. Now I have come to give you an understanding of what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision pertains to the days yet future'" - Daniel 10:12-14

Today, I am working on praying through... Because what if the delays have little to nothing to do with me, but everything to do with the spiritual battle being waged right now? I honestly have no idea, the delays in answers could be God's plan, could be purposeful to grow me, could be due to someone else's situation or growing... but the idea that there are actually instances when the delay has more to do with the spiritual side than the physical intrigues me.. and offers a weird sense of encouragement.

I think part of what I find so encouraging is the idea that it actually has less to do with me than it feels like sometimes. I know it sounds odd, but I treasure the moments when I realize there is so much more going on than I was aware of, more to take into account than just me and my perspective.. That God actually has a bigger plan than I am aware of, and that more people, more angels, and more is involved all around than just me, my little problems, my prayers, and... well me. I find it humbling to realize that angels are indeed fighting for me because it serves as another reminder of just how important I am to my Lord... And, it also serves as a reminder how undeserving, but how much my sweet savior loves and takes care of me and the things I cannot see or understand.

No comments: