Mar 14, 2011

Things That May...

This weekend was a fantastic one, my friend came up and we danced more than 9 hours combined between Friday, Saturday, and after she left I went on Sunday night.. each night at a different place... Our feet hurt, we sweat a lot, laughed a lot, ate some good food, and didn't sleep nearly enough.

I also got to spend some wonderful time with a friend on his layover from a three week trip to Uganda... We ate some pizza and he told me as much as we could fit into the short amount of time we had before he had to be back at the airport. There is always something about him that just makes me smile.. He is so passionately sold out for Christ it's infectious and I love it! I am so thankful for his friendship in my life :)

Church was great, and I got to just chill for most of Sunday doing random things...

This week however has not started out as fantastic as the weekend was. I was incredibly sore and tired this morning from the hours upon hours of dancing in high heels plus the severe lack of sleep. Work was frustrating, but all little things that I KNOW should not be a big deal.. Satan was definitely working overtime today. Part of me knows "this too shall pass" and it probably had more to do with my overall fatigue then anything, but I was just not feeling the determination to put up with the usual crap. Plus, I finally (after several people asking... and a roomie determined to remind me until I remembered) scheduled a follow up appointment from a year ago for Wednesday. Which of course setting the appointment just makes me think and play out possible scenarios in my mind.... "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ... And yet, at the same time I am working through preemptive emotions knowing there are a lot of possibilities of what could be to come.. and I naturally always want to be strong and help others work through feelings and emotions regardless of if it has to deal with me or others...


And yet...


"The LORD is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him." - Exodus 15:2

"Now may the Lord’s strength be displayed..." - Numbers 14:17a

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." - Deuteronomy 6:5

"...But David found strength in the LORD his God." - 1 Samuel 30:6b

"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always." - 1 Chronicles 16:11

"Be exalted in your strength, LORD; we will sing and praise your might." - Psalm 21:13

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him." - Psalm 28:7

"The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace." - Psalm 29:11

"LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." - Psalm 33:2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’" - Mark 12:30

"He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ ; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ " - Luke 10:27

"But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one." - 2 Thessalonians 3:3

And then...

"But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth."
- 2 Timothy 4:17

No comments: