Mar 29, 2011

New Every Morning...

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness" - Lamentations 3:22&23

Have you ever stopped to think about what this means? A friend I know has had a rough day (or at least I think it ended roughly) and all I could think of was this... God's compassions (or mercies) never fail me.. and they are NEW every morning... How great is our God?

I mean let's think about this for a second, if God's compassion and mercy is new every single day.. and never NOT ONE TIME will they fail me... How awesome is He? How great and wonderful is my Savior for caring enough to... well... CARE! How absolutely crazy that He grants me new mercies and compassion every single morning the sun rises!... Maybe that is why I love sunsets and sunrises so much because with them means today is done, I can lay to rest every horrible mistake and blunder I have made.. and when the sun rises it will be fresh, made new... and I do not have to be bound, held down, or feel guilty because my Savior.. the man who has made me whole and pure again has already taken care of it.

How thankful am I!?.. Oh gosh.. there just are no words to express how much I am grateful to my core for the compassion and mercy I just simply did not earn in the morning when I rise.

Praise the Lord, He is amazing because I am not.

1 comment:

Becky said...

definitely needed this...thanks :)