Jul 27, 2010

Hope Come Quick...

Yesterday was a rough day.. nothing significant happened, but lots of little things just added up to another aggravating day that just needed to be over quickly.


Today I was thinking about how much I really just want hope to return to me... Not a fun little passing hope, but solid unwavering hope that stays put through everything. I mean, I have basic hopes, I know God loves me, and I know "this too shall pass," but I want the hope that brings joy again... And, it is coming, I can tell. Little by little I can feel myself being renewed, I can feel the pains and stresses falling off piece by precious piece. While some days I for some unknown reason try and pick back up the weights, I am quickly reminded that they are not mine to carry anymore, and I need to let go. 


I need to reboot. Start over. Refresh. Renew. 



"Is not your fear of God your confidence, and the integrity of your ways your hope?" - Job 4:6


This is where I start. My confidence is born from the one who made me and treasures me, and my hope begins in my dedication and will for what is right... even when no one else is around to see.

Hope come quick.

No comments: