Apr 6, 2009

When Music Speaks...

"Speak to me in the light of the dawn
Mercy comes with the morning
I will sigh and with all creation groan as I wait for hope to come for me"
C.S. Lewis Song, Brook Fraser

I know this is an odd quote to talk about, but every time I hear it come on my Ipod it sorta captures me.. Maybe because to me it's extremely vivid, I can literally picture what this would be like AND feel like. I dunno, but... whatever it is, it captures me, maybe it's the sound of the music behind the lyrics, maybe it's the sound of Brook Fraser's voice... maybe it's that I feel like I've been here and experienced this verse in the song. Whatever it is this verse captures me every time. Sometimes I feel like all I need is God to speak to me, and often it's on my way to work.. which is close to dawn... and I can't count the number of times I go to sleep begging God for something... and in the morning my outlook is just different... But, I also sometimes feel like I groan with creation.. especially when huge tragedy's happen and the evil and sin of man is exposed, it's like I ache in a completely different way, for the way things have gone so terribly wrong, and aren't the way they are meant to be.

"I just spoke silence to the seeker next to me,
She had a heart with hesitant, halting speech
That turned to me and asked belligerently 'what do I live for?
"
Hosea's Wife, Brooke Fraser

I feel like this describes me more often than I'd like to admit. I hate the idea that I speak silence when people are actually wanting me to give them hope. That idea kills me.

"There's nothing fancy bout the way I love you,
It's as simple as the stars in the sky, and the blue in the sea.
There's nothing fancy bout the way I love you,
But it sure is fancy how you love me."
Nothing Fancy, Dave Barnes

This is such a simple song, and so cute.. For whatever reason it captures my attention. :) I feel like it's a humble way of looking at love.. sorta an awe at the "prize" you have and the love you are allowed to show someone else. Love it :)

No comments: