Oct 8, 2008

The Color of Christ

So, I went to a new small group last night (I'm not forsaking my other one.. but a friend talked me into also trying this one since I had no plans for the night). We used Audio Books and listened to a part of Orthodoxy by Chesterton. We would listen for a bit, pause it and discuss, re-listen or ask questions. It was great lots of fun, very interesting conversation.. but the thing that stuck out the most to me was right near the beginning when Chesterton was talking about how Christianity unlike any other religion or way of life offers creativity, imagination, adventure etc..etc.. We talked about that and what we thought that looked like or how that played a role in our lives.. Which was a great discussion all unto it's own.. but near the end of the evening the question was asked how does this affect our walk with Christ (or if it does at all) and at what point does the "rubber hit the road"... I of course had a lot to say about that, and was asked to elaborate... but I've been thinking about it all day and thought I'd share :)

I think the point at which the rubber hits the road is different for everyone.. and it's meant to be that way. For example, I've made it abundantly clear that my passion, my purpose, everything I work towards (or try) in some way shows God's Love to others.. but that's CEARLY not the call someone else feels in their life. We were asked how we feel the book has "changed" our view of Christianity, and I said I wasn't sure it changed it so much as just reinforced it or added color to it... And that seemed to baffle the group of guys I was talking with cause they all asked for me to elaborate.. So, here's my visual representation...

When you see the picture below it's nice...















But it's nothing compared to seeing the exact same picture in color....















When you see it in color after seeing it in black and white your only real reaction is.. "wow"

So, my hope is that you find something that puts more color in your walk with Christ this week.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

That's great!In a discussion recently I made a comment that I know Christ exists, I feel Him! I was asked what does Christ feel like? How do you explain something so indescribable? This picture is a good analogy.