Apr 5, 2012

Easter Weekend...

Several years ago after graduating from college, one of my very best friends from college, his beautiful wife, and I were struggling to find time to see each other in the midst of our schedules and the distance between us (well really them see me since they live together haha). We were finally able to settle on Easter weekend because of the extended weekend, and since it's a holiday that none of our families expect us to come home for... Since then we have sort of dedicated Easter weekend as "our weekend" to hang out and spend some much needed quality time together.

I love our weekend, it typically includes a lot of cooking, a whole heck of a lot of YouTube videos, hours upon hours of talking, lots of laughter.. and roller blading (don't judge us haha). Every year I look forward to this weekend knowing that if I do not get to see them over Christmas (like what happened this last year), I will get some good quality time with them for Easter, and above all, we will pick up exactly where we left off. Every year I am so encouraged and re-charged after my weekend with them. I am so incredibly blessed to have made such a wonderful friend in college, and then instead of drift apart or losing him when he started dating his now wife, I was blessed with adding her as another friend. These two are not only amazing individually, but they are such a wonderful example of how to create a loving marriage, and invite others to be a part of their life instead of secluding themselves...

I am always so excited about Easter for so many reasons (it being sort of THE crucial weekend of my belief in Christ), but because I am always reminded of how blessed I am to have these two as my friends :)

I am so excited to see them... in just a couple hours!

One of my favorite pictures of the three of us that hangs in my bedroom haha... Love them :)

1 comment:

Enjoy the Journey said...

I LOVE the picture Krista! :) I have a few friends like this - where we don't see each other very often, but we can always pick up right where we left off. They are such a blessing! Have a GREAT Easter weekend and I'll be watching for this year's pic of the three of you!