Jun 2, 2011

Tid Bits of Life..

Yesterday was my older brother Jeavon's birthday.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I thankfully got the chance to call him as I was driving (yet again) down to Lynchburg. This time to see my kids graduate and get awards from the place I used to work. It was a good time, I got more hugs than I have in a long time, and my kids along with co-workers were so pleasantly surprised that it made the 3 1/2 hour drive worth it! I miss my kids, and my co-workers a lot.. especially since while working there, even during the "this sucks" moments of my job, I always had the love for my kids driving me, and the friendships of co-workers making it better. I miss that at the job I have currently.. there is not a whole lot that balances it out.

Today is my little sister Irina's birthday! I cannot believe she's turning 14!.. I still feel like she should be 7... (Man am I behind the times eh?).. But, at the same time, I am so excited she's getting older, and we are transitioning into real friends, with moments, laughter, serious talks, heartaches, and just normal life things. I love that she is growing into this amazing woman that I get to call my sister... and who I have so much respect for! Really excited to continue to watch her grow!! :)

In TOTALLY other news, I have been "texting" with a guy. Nothing serious, and nothing to write home about (since we're talking a couple weeks of texting max), but it brings a smile to my face. I have yet to find out his affinity for the Lord.. which is pretty high on my list of things to know.. But, I am working on a couple things, mainly letting him and God figure out whatever "this" is or is supposed to be.. but also letting him lead without me either pushing him to move faster (for my own selfish reasons) or pushing him away (also for my own selfish reasons). But, so far he's been fun and entertaining to chat with, and he has a great smile. :) I am not holding my breath though until he makes it apparent what "this" is, whether just friends, or more.. We shall see.. However, I will say, sadly he will have to be very persistent and dedicated to make it through the insane schedule I have, so just looking at that alone, I am fairly certain it will deter him or any other guy from pursuing or sticking around.. Now's just not a good scheduled time in my life..

No comments: