Oct 19, 2010

False Things...

I was perusing Facebook recently and I was reading posts from friends from highschool, college, and post college and realizing how many of them think "all they need is...." name it. A boy, their boy, food, caffeine, the best friend, a hug, sleep, a girlfriend, their significant other... etc..etc.. And, while sometimes I can definitely see the need for this, I could not help but wonder how many times we... I shift what I need into something that I do not actually need, but would get instant gratification for this moment.

How many times do I need to read my Bible or listen to worship music.. or worse yet, how many times am I supposed to be still and silent... and instead I search and "need" something else to make my life better. Ugh, my heart hurts at this realization not only in my own life, but in the lives of my friends and family members who are broken. The ones who believe their boyfriend holds their value, the ones who believe makeup makes them worthy, the ones who judge their preciousness based on the number of text messages they get in a day... What they NEED is to fall in love... with their Creator. What I need is to fall deeper in love with my lord.

False things create more insecurity and fears... but, if God is with me then whom will I fear? Why would I live as if fear is my motivator instead of as though life is my playground and Jesus has won already? False things of any kind create more problems and more hurt, pain, stress etc..

No comments: