Mar 23, 2010

Psalm 43

I have found my verse for the last few months of my life.. I remember in college LOVING this verse, but somewhere along the way I'd forgotten it.




1Vindicate me, O God, and plead my case against an ungodly nation;
         O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!
    2For You are the God of my strength; why have You rejected me?
         Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
    3O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me;
         Let them bring me to Your holy hill
         And to Your dwelling places.
    4Then I will go to the altar of God,
         To God my exceeding joy;
         And upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God.
    5Why are you in despair, O my soul?
         And why are you disturbed within me?
         Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him,
         The help of my countenance and my God.



Verse 5 was the revelation I had this last weekend.. Like "Oh, yeah.. duh, God's got this, and I have no reason to despair.. I will hope in my Savior regardless.. God's gonna do his ditty"


:) So, thank you Jesus for the reminder. I love you!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

revelations while reading scripture always make me smile :) It always amazes me how we can read the same scripture over and over again and it doesn't mean an incredible amount, but then God presents a situation or a mindset in our life and all of a sudden that verse takes on a whole new light - love it and you!

Anonymous said...

Mmm, I really love Psalms a ton!
I really love these verses, because it's like when you, yourself read it, you're sorta convincing yourself to look to God, and reviewing the situation in your head. :) It's totally Sarah-approved, because this is how I think on a daily basis; going over circumstances to view what needs change in my life or random doohickeys.