Oct 26, 2009

Love, Where is Your Fire?...

Randomly, even though I have been listening to this song for a long time.. I out of the blue realized EXACTLY what it was talking about... haha.. I am real slow sometimes. Anyway, just thought I would share a song that has an amazing insight into the Christian walk... :)

"Love, where is your fire
I've been sittin' here smokin' away
Making signals with sticks
And odd ends and bits
But still there's no sign of a flame

Imposters have been passing
Offerin' a good-feeling glow
But I'm holding out
For what you are about
An inferno that burns to the bone

Some urge
Me to be temperate
Luke-warm will never do

[Chorus]
'Cos I, I wanna blaze with you
So I'm holdin' my heart out to you
Holdin' my heart out

So I stand, handing out torches
Speaking words that are lamps to their feet
'Til the time when you come
And I'm whole and we are one
And the fire in me is complete

Some tell me
To be moderate
But lukewarm will never do

'Cos I, I know I'll blaze with you
So I'm holdin' my heart out to you

Then a doubt comes to lie at the back of my mind (back of my mind)
That I'll offer you me, and you'll politely decline (no thank you)
So I hasten to mute it
I'll shout and rebuke it away

'Cos I
I know I'll blaze with you
So I'm holdin' my heart out to you, to you, to you
'Cos I, I know I'll blaze with you
So I'm holdin' my heart out to you
Holdin' my heart out" - Love, Where is your Fire? - Brooke Fraser

No comments: