Nov 1, 2011

Slow Body...

So, a few thoughts on my currently sloth-like state...

First, I am actually moving faster today than I was yesterday, although not by much.. A large portion of my issue has more to deal with the joint issues I have, and less to do with the muscular soreness. Most of the sore muscles are actually all the small stabilizing muscles, and not really many of the others..

So, I thought I would share a few insights I have gained in the last couple days of my snail pace..

I have been amazed at how much my body is completely aware of my state, I have yet to forget about my need to slow it down, which could cause disastrous amounts of pain to ensue.. Even when I first wake up in the morning, my first thought has been "slow.."

Interestingly, I have also had to concentrate on walking.. How incredibly rudimentary, but necessary.. Because of this, I am keenly aware of my muscles, joints, movements, and pains all the time.

Co-workers keep laughing at me cause I have been walking everywhere touching the walls.. Yet, I have found that this additional sensory has allowed my balance to shift in a way that takes the pressure of the currently sore and in pain joints and stabilization muscles in my hips and legs.

Yesterday, one of my roomies and I had to move the furniture in my house.. lots of laughter ensued as I would push the couches as far as my arms and balance could go... to only then slowly follow with my feet.. Very inchworm style... What is interesting to me is the fact that I did not plan on this tactic, it came out almost as a survival tactic my body produced knowing my arms and upper body are significantly less sore currently.

Everything is currently taking me longer.. almost twice as long... Talk about a force of patience! I literally have no choice but to take my time getting places.

This has turned into a very unique learning experience for me...

No comments: